Malt Cross, Nottingham

Whilst defeating demons within my own painting practice, of which I am marginally accomplished, I painted with live sitters, with dramatic time constraints.3 women volunteered to be sitters for a 30 minute painting and though I had not explained to the audience that I don’t make speed portraits I was positioned so that anyone in the pub could easily see what I was working on (except for the sitter) After the 30 minutes I would simply cease painting and show the picture. The responses in general can be summed up as disappointed.















(left volunteer 3 and right volunteer 1)

I felt that I achieved what I set out for which was pushing my abilities and understanding of painting and the performative aspect of all creation and the creative action.

No comments: